Thursday, May 8, 2008

Is this really ever going to end??


Ok- first I will warn you about how the day has gone. I was so proud of my little Ava. Slept all night and not a peep out of her. We started the day taking Julia to school, in our normal routine of saying goodbye to her and Ava asking all day about Julia.
It goes like this, "Mommy, Julia?" "Julia is at school, Ava." "K, Mommy. Julia school."

So, this goes on and on throughout the day and was going well until we headed to the gym. Ava starts yelling, "NO! NO!" I dropped her off in the Childwatch and of course she cried but just for a bit. When I came back, she was standing next to a girl with a pacifier bawling her eyes out! I felt horrible! I forgot about kids at the gym with pacifiers.

Thus, leading to this post about asking for it ALL DAY today! I felt like I set her up. I feel so bad. Needless to say, she still won't nap after an hour of being in her bed crying for me. The cries are starting to diminish all while precious Julia is being so patient to have some time with me.

When I picked her up at school, with Ava in tow, Julia asked me about the "P-A-C" (pacifier). I told her it has been a long day and she responds, "Well, it is going to be a long few days." haha She is such my little lady!

I am hoping this saying that it takes 3 days to break a habit is true. Cross your fingers for my sanity! Please!!

2 comments:

The Hake Family said...

Good luck girl. Guess these are the things I have to look forward to....

Mallie&Brandon said...

Ahhhh, I must admit I laughed a little at this.... I wonder if I should take the P.A.C away now???