Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Paci is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ava, my sweet sweet Ava, has lost her best friend besides, Julia. We decided since she was turning 2 soon, we would get rid of the pacifier. A wise friend, who will remain nameless since I don't want her head to swell, told me that I am more dependent on it than she is.

A little history for you- Ava in the car has her paci, Ava in the crib has her paci, Ava at the store has her paci, Ava anywhere usually has her paci. Well, no more my friend, NO MORE!

We decided to cut it last Wednesday thinking it would take 2 days like it did for Julia. Oh no! Ava is so stubborn has taken 7 days and still wants the lifeless nub at the end of it! No telling how she ever is able to even hold it in her mouth but she was able to today.

After a few temper tantrums, I took it away from her. Now it is time for nap time and she was so mad about taking a nap she threw it at me! So, Bye bye Paci forever. She was able to put herself to sleep after 30-45 minutes of hearing, "MOMMY!!!!!!!! Mommy :( MOMMY!!!!!!!!!" So, we have history here people! It is gone.

In the car ride home from Nonna's house she begged and pleaded for it. "Mommy, paci please!" For 30 minutes she was crying for it. Ok, my heart was aching that I couldn't give it to her but for the love of GOD! I have to stand my ground, all while it was really in my pocket (just in case!) We get home and not a word about it even going to sleep.

So now for all the new moms out there (Tech Alumni), I hope this doesn't scare you at all. It is just one of the more pleasant stages of our sweet angels sent from heaven.

I will be sleeping good tonight!!

3 comments:

The Hake Family said...

Congrats on your milestone and welcome to the blogger world!

Mallie&Brandon said...

Yippie!!

Anonymous said...

BIG milestone! The hard part is that it does kind of take the "baby" out of them, doesn't it? She's a toddler now!!

Cynthia