Monday, August 4, 2008

Adult Weekend = freedom and now Reality..

I have no pictures to post yet, but we had a great time at the Frio River. We went with Kim and Kerry and May Lan and Shawn. We have been planning this for what seems like forever and it finally came.


We dropped the girls off at Chad's parents house on Thursday to return on Sunday. It has been quite awhile since we had that much freedom. Half way there I realized all the things that I had forgotten to bring, camping chairs was the biggest one. Chad pulls over to grab some at a swanky Dollar General. I chose to stay in the car, which I normally don't do. I am guessing you can tell where this is going. He comes out with 2 "little" green bags with chairs in them. I was trying not to be so anal, so I just thought to myself, "Wow, those look little or they must fold up good."


We arrive at the cabin which was nice to scope out the river. I was disappointed to see how low it was since I was a virgin river person since last year. Last year they had 5 floods and the river was awesome! I just thought no biggie since we were alone and waiting on friends.


We started to unpack everything and I unloaded the green chairs. Man, they were so light. I started dying laughing when I saw the tag that read, "Kids Quad chair". Man oh man. Chad and his green chairs!!!! Needless to say, they were great foot rests this weekend and now the girls love them at home. haha


We had a blast at the river. We were able to float Happy Hollow a few times, take a nap, play some games and watch Kerry's awesome dance moves. It was great getting to know Shawn and watching May Lan's belly grow each month.


I was so ready to come back to see the girls. Not sure what happened in the night but they woke up in the worst moods and bascially have been hellans all day. I think my freedom has worn off and between trying to clip those damn coupons and take 2 hungry kiddos to the store- that was hell.


Thankfully they are napping and I will be able to think now. YEAH!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, it's never good to send them in shopping along.

we're headed to the river in a couple of weeks... maybe 'ol TS Eduardo will dump some good rain in the river for us!!

Anonymous said...

oops, that should say "alone" not along.

Prazaks said...

Glad the girls liked the chairs. :)) We had a great time with you guys!!