Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Julia's at Grandma's house



Well, my baby is gone for a few days. It seems really weird without her here. I say that I enjoy my freedom every once in awhile but I am missing her so much! Even take yesterday. We were getting ready for some friends to come over and I asked Julia to go upstairs and get dressed. She and Ava went upstairs and I could hear Ava say, "Julia, I want panties on!" Julia says," Ok Ava lets go look in your drawer."




My heart was melting to think that my girls are getting older and wanting to help each other. It was the sweetest thing. Needless to say, I was rushing around the house cleaning up last minute bowls and plates from breakfast when they come down the stairs. Julia had picked out matching tank tops and shorts. They were smiling from ear to ear. I was adorable!




A while later I was in the office getting some work done when I heard Ava say, "Julia I wet. My panties wet". Of course, I am thinking what is she talking about since I have been putting her panties over her diaper. Julia had put panties on her without a diaper and she had peed all over the floor and herself. It was hard to get mad when Julia tried to help her little sister.




So, I am having Julia withdrawals and she has only been gone for a night. I know she and my mom are going to have so much fun. She told me when she left that she would call me when she got to Grandma's. I called them and she was having the best time and was like "mom, who?"


Ava is asking where Julia is but not as much as usual. I think she is enjoying her time to herself as well. Julie and Jake spent the evening with her at their new apartment. She was in hog heaven getting in some alone time. Julie brought her back and she said, "No Mom. I want Ju Ju." Man! Again, I am chopped liver.


I guess it is all apart of being a mom. Missing them, loving them and needing them. I couldn't wish for anything more.

3 comments:

Jill Graves said...

Your little ones are growing up so fast! Julia has ALWAYS been a little adult-conversationally and behaviorally...so I think she was always ahead of the gang. She will be a Hailey...and Julia will be a little Jill the Pill.

Just remember the story that my mom loves when you woke her up in the middle of the night and told her "I think my Mom needs me." Mom loves that story!

Jill Graves said...

Typo...Ava will be a Jill the Pill

The Fletcher Family said...

haha! i forgot about that. How funny! you know, I was thinking about that in comparing my girls to you and Hailey. It is soo true!!

Ava is my free spirit like you and julia is planning things and always looks fabulous like Hailey, not that you always don't but you know what I mean.

love you!!!