Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ava and her new shoes

Just waking up with her new shoes and pantyhose socks on that she loves!


This is hilarious! Debbie took Ava shoe shopping for preschool/MDO that starts on Tuesday. Both of the girls will be in school 2 days a week, which I am getting excited and sad about all at the same time. Anyway- We go to Stride Rite to get some shoes.
Ava doesn't want the girl to even measure her foot, it was nap time and I was thinking this was going to be a mess. Well, I let her out of the stroller and she is trying everything on. We agree on this pair of shoes to try on but I forget her socks since she is in her daily pink Crocs that she will not budge in taking off. I have to ask if this is normal 2 yr. old behavior since she loves to tell me what she wants to wear and what shoes she is wearing, I don't remember this happening with Julia.
So, the lady gives us those pantyhose bootie things to try on with her new shoes. She loves them! She didn't want to take off her shoes at all. We head home for nap and she says, "Leave shoes on. I take nap in shoes." I was like, whatever at this point.
We then come to bath time after a night out with Jake at Chick-fil-a. Ava loved having some one on one time with him. So we get upstairs for bath and she throws a fit about taking a bath with her shoes and "socks" on. I explain it over and over again and finally, she is ok with getting in without the new shoes.
After bath, she is bringing me her shoes to put back on. Now, you have to picture this. We are somewhat potty training so I put on her diaper, then her new panties, then her "pants" which are shorts she has to wear with any nightgown, then her nightgown and on come her "socks" and shoes.
Julie comes to pick up Jake and is laughing so hard at her PJs. Ava shows her "Ju Ju" her new shoes and is running around the house since her new shoes make her go so fast. I was just thinking how fun it would be to be her age for just one day.
We get into bed with our normal routine of books and songs then she says," I sleep in my shoes mom?" What the hell?! I asked her if she was sure and she says, "Yeah! I silly." hahaa! It was so cute.
So, I am working in the office this morning when I hear her coming down the stairs and the first thing she says is,"I sleep with shoes on. I want play games on computer." First of all she still has the shoes on and then she wants to be on the computer??? What has happened overnight with her??
I just had to post this because the whole bootie sock thing is hilarious and they smell sooooo bad since we played outside and they got a little wet. I will need a crowbar to get these off of her.
Happy to say that Julia will come home today! It has been so quiet without her here and I think Ava is a bit bored with me. I can't wait to have my baby back!!

No comments: