Saturday, September 20, 2008

My dad

Well, i thought my next post would be about how we survived the hurricane with no damage to the house and no power for 5 days.

Now, we have other news that my dad isn't doing well. He has Alzheimer's which was diagnosed in 2001 shortly after Chad and I were married. Progressively, he has gone down hill and been in a nursing home for the past 2 1/2 years.

We received a call that his breathing was labored and they found blood clots in his legs and lungs. He is in Hospice care at the VA and it isn't looking good. We were able to drive to Dallas and see him today.

It was great to see him and he was somewhat responsive to us and even talking at times. He smiled and held my hand, which was well worth the trip.

Please keep us in your prayers that God will take him when it is his time. Our prayers are being answered that he isn't suffering. I am just looking for strength that God will provide us comfort when it does happen.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry to hear that Tracy, I'll keep your family in my prayers

Mallie&Brandon said...

Oh Tracy, I am so sorry. Keep us posted. THinking of you all.

Sarah said...

I LOVE YOU!

The Litteer family said...

I'm hear for you. Let me know what I can do. You and your family are in my prayers.